cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating new Bridge Group names in Cisco 5508 WLC??

How do we Create new Bridge Group names on Cisco 5508 WLC, with 1552E Access Point??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You create it on the 1552 once the AP joins.  One it joins, you will have to choose that AP and then set the AP mode to Bridge and then apply.  This will reboot the AP.  Once the AP comes back, you will have a MESH tab on that specific AP or any AP that you have set to Bridge mode.  You then set the AP role and the bridge group name there.  Here is an older MESH deployment guide to follow.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-0/configuration/guide/c70/c70mesh.html

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You create it on the 1552 once the AP joins.  One it joins, you will have to choose that AP and then set the AP mode to Bridge and then apply.  This will reboot the AP.  Once the AP comes back, you will have a MESH tab on that specific AP or any AP that you have set to Bridge mode.  You then set the AP role and the bridge group name there.  Here is an older MESH deployment guide to follow.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-0/configuration/guide/c70/c70mesh.html

Scott

-Scott

Hi Scott,

I really appreciate the quick response, I was looking for a central place to create the BGN and then choosing from a drop down box just like the AP Groups, But I think it's not there... Thanks again for your timely response.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You also need to add the 1552 base mac address to the mac filter before it joins the WLC.  The info is in the link I posted previously.

Scott

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: