cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CST: %CONTROLLER-5-UPDOWN:Controller E1 0/0/0,change state to down(AIS detected)

HI My friends; What is the meaning of these logs? Is there any potential problem? Is there any solution? CST:%CONTROLLER-5-UPDOWN:Controller E1 0/0/0,change state to up CST: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Serial0/0/0:0,change state to up CST: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN:Line protocol on Interface Serial0/0/0:0.change state to up CST: %CONTROLLER-5-UPDOWN:Controller E1 0/0/0,change state to down(AIS detected)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think this is a problem for ISP. Similar to alerts such as AIS and LOS, it seems to be a WAN problem. The factors related to the problem are equipment WAN interfaces, circuits,ISP' lines, etc.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

The CONTROLLER on the present log is not Wireless Lan Controller. This message came from, mostly probably, a Router running some voice gateway. The cause of it can be lost of sync with the service provider. 

By the way AIS stand for Alarm Indication Signal.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Yes, this is not a wireless controller. It is an alarm on an ISR device. I suspect it is a problem with the ISP. This problem may be caused by what the operator does.

I think this is a problem for ISP. Similar to alerts such as AIS and LOS, it seems to be a WAN problem. The factors related to the problem are equipment WAN interfaces, circuits,ISP' lines, etc.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card