cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Web Auth - Missing "Submit" Button

Scott Pickles
Level 4
Level 4

I have scoured every topic I can get my hands on here at NetPro regarding custom web authentication. I am currently supporting a customer that MUST use a custom web page for two reasons:

1. Cosmetically, and rightfully so, they would like to use their own logo. Well, why not just upload the custom image, you say? See point 2...

2. Their custom AUP is beyond the allowed 2047 characters in the default template.

So I used the default internal template for a test login, and viewed the source to grab the HTML code. I know how to read HTML, so I began commenting out the sidebar, text, and headers that I didn't want. I then inserted the custom logo and AUP text. Visually, the page is fine. However, when I preview the page, the "Submit" button is completely missing. This is true both locally, as well as when it is uploaded to the controller. I also uploaded from the controller the 'loginscript.js' file by selecting file type 'configuration' and inputting the name 'loginscript.js'. I am including that information as well because I know other people have posted asking how to get that, and I haven't seen anyone respond with such instructions. I figured it out on my own after trial and error. If it can be obtained via WCS, it would be nice if someone would post that (other than the same method I used, simply using WCS as the management tool instead of direct controller access). My controller is running code 4.1.185.0, same as my customer's controller. I modified the reference for the javascript source from src="./loginscript.js" to simply src="loginscript.js" because I am putting the script and the login.html file in the same directory. If there is a different directory structure required, I haven't found any documentation saying so other than another NetPro post indicating "Web Authentication_files" folder (whatever that means)? I also noticed that some folks are saying that such a page would have to be run on an External server. If so, why?

Regards,

Scott

1 Reply 1

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

Web authentication files are stored in Web Authentication_files directory which controllers can recognize. . If you want to use a different directory it is used on External Web server so that there is no conflct in the storage location.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card