cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

datalogic falcon 4420 scanning gun wireless signal indicator is not full ,just 3*beam or 3*cells ,even i put this scanning gun near wireless AP

fq_z1999
Level 1
Level 1

we have AIR-LAP1242AG, use AIR-ANT4941 and AIR-ANT1728, we find even we put scanning gun near these AP ,but wireless signal is not full ,just 3*beam (3*cells) ,we do not know why ,if any wireless expert can give us helps ? thank all in advance

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So you have a mix of 1242's using either antennas? When you say right next to an AP, do you mean like sitting next to one or standing underneath one? In a warehouse where the AP might be mounted high, your signal right below the AP will not be as strong as if maybe you are 20' or do away depending how high up the ap is mounted. If you take a look at the Cisco antenna reference guide you will be able to see the antenna pattern. Make sure that they connected the antenna to the 2.4ghz ports and not the 5ghz ports also.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

thank Scott , i put 1242AG near AP , distance just have 5 centimeter,but scanning gun signal just has 3 *beams or 3*cells,

attena is AIR-ANT1728, AIR-ANT4941,our scanning gun is datalog falcon 4420, we do not know why this scanning gun just has 3*beam singal strength.

another question is  if AIR-ANT1728  does not match scanning gun ?because even though it can provide 5.2dbi signal strength ,but scanning gun just provide more low signal transmission

Well you really need to make sure you try to match the total output, but that antenna should be fine. I wouldnt set the power on the AP to 100mw though. Maybe 50mw to start with. The issue with the signal might just be with the firmware on the scanner. If you have no issues when roaming, then I wouldnt worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card