Views
Helpful
Replies

DCA droping clients every 10 minutes

tpahuja
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

We see a lot of disconnects every 10 minutes. I looked at the logs and see a lot of:

AP USSTRBDIS-WAP09-IDF6[0] (00:a7:42:db:c7:40) Device ID: 0x44d4, Type: Bluetooth Link[1], Severity: 2, Channels: 6, Cluster ID: 9a:c5:e0:00:67:d2, Previous Cluster ID: 9a:c5:e0:00:67:d2, Event: Clear

What does this error message mean? Does DCA drop clients when changing it's channel of directed by DCA?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Don't follow you. What's the problem about blueBluet device in such place?

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

View solution in original post

With that I cant help you.

@tpahuja wrote:

What would be a possible Bluetooth device in a warehouse with 45 feet high ceiling ? 

There are several free apps to identify what BT devices are nearby.  

Another option is to use the APs as SpectrumExpert (free) to help identify what BT interference are around.

7 Replies 7

Hi

If event driven is not enable, RRM runs DCA every 10 minutes.

The log you see is just an warning about surrounding Bluetooth device but can cause AP to change the channel and changing channel cause client disruption:

"Whenever an AP's channel is changed clients will be briefly disconnected. Depending on client roaming
behavior, clients may either reconnect to the same AP (on its new channel), or roam to a nearby AP. The
clients ability to roam properly will determine it's effectiveness during a channel change."

Take a look on the client driver config. This may help a bit.

You can also change DCA interval to make sure this is the cause.

What would be a possible Bluetooth device in a warehouse with 45 feet high ceiling ? 

Don't follow you. What's the problem about blueBluet device in such place?

The Alarms on the controller are flooded with such events with a severity of 0. What could these devices be?

With that I cant help you.

those low strength BT devices are usually headsets, sometimes personal phones or laptops where they may have enabled BT.
Nothing to worry about really.   I don't get concerned with any load load under 5 and only under 10 if it's constant.

@tpahuja wrote:

There are several free apps to identify what BT devices are nearby.  

Another option is to use the APs as SpectrumExpert (free) to help identify what BT interference are around.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card