cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

default gateway ip doesn t work (can t use/configure router)

aditzuu30
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guyz, i have an cisco wap131 model.. my problem is that i can t configure this router.. default ip (192.168.1.245) doesn t work even if i changed them in settings of network, i watched a lot of tutorial on ytb, read instructions and nothing.. please give me an advice... i can t use this router and also wifi cuz is disabled from default configuration..

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this WAP Powered by PoE or Power Adapter?

if this is powered by Power Adaptor, try reset the factory if not working at all.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/wireless/cisco-small-business-100-series-wireless-access-points/smb5083-reboot-and-reset-factory-default-settings-on-the-wap131.html

Connect your PC to gigabit port, after reset and configure your PC with the same range IP and see if you can ping that default as mentioned - and ping success, use GUI to configure and put them into the network for usage.

In other cases, if the device powered by PoE, then configure the port and PC port the same VLAN in the switch, configure IP same IP range and ping and the GUI

Let us know how it goes?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello, is powered by Power Adapter. 
I have tried to factory reset for 2 times and followed instructions (first connect to PC and enter to browser the default ip to configure) but it didn’t work.. Also I had changed the ipV4 and nothing . I don’t know what to do now.. 

thanks for advices 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card