Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deployment for Internet SSID

Hi,

I have new request which I'm looking for your guidance and advice, as I don't have that much experience in wireless.  

the request details as below:

we need to provide internet for specific persons located in different locations, this internet access should be through existing WLAN infrastructure, which have 8540wlc and 1832i AP.

this access must be secured, and user authentication should be through ISE.

I have prepared below steps for this deployment, please advise if any point does not correct or it need advance configuration.

1- create new SSID.

2- create new AP group and assign the new SSID to this group.

3- assign this AP group to the APs in that specific location.

4- for AP authentication part I have to configure the AAA IP in SSID security.

please feel free to correct me in above points, also your advice regarding configuring the authentication policy in ISE.

Kind Regards. 

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes that is correct steps , only apply to the area of the AP required.( you are doing that too)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

thanks for your reply, would you please explain for how to isolate this network from local intranet? and how to secure the same.

BR, 

You need extend that VLAN to DMZ and internet.

do you have any network diagram for us to give better advise.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dont forget to include the other required SSIDs to the AP groups.

Also do they require link to be completely segregated from the corporate network? If so then you need to look at the security requirements of the wired network, or look at an anchored solution to a DMZ WLC.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Haydn,

yes you're correct, we need this SSID totally isolated from local network, please would you explain more for this isolation and required security configuration.

BR,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card