cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device isolation only on a specific AP in FlexConnect mode?

Hi there.

We have an SSID with device isolation enabled.

Now we would like to be able to disable device isolation on a "per AP" basis - considering that all APs are connected in FlexConnect mode.

We're running 7.6.120.0 OS and have 3500 series APs (and some 3600).

Thanks for your reply!

F.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Flavio,

Device isolation (I assume you are referring to P2P Blocking) can only be done on a per-WLAN basis and each WLAN must be unique to a WLC therefore you will not be able to achieve this with a single WLC even with FlexConnect/AP Groups.

The only workaround/hack I would think that you could do is to have another WLC with the same SSID hosting the APs for that particular area with P2P Blocking disabled but that would only affect those clients on that AP and would break roaming between APs etc.

Ric

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Flavio,

Device isolation (I assume you are referring to P2P Blocking) can only be done on a per-WLAN basis and each WLAN must be unique to a WLC therefore you will not be able to achieve this with a single WLC even with FlexConnect/AP Groups.

The only workaround/hack I would think that you could do is to have another WLC with the same SSID hosting the APs for that particular area with P2P Blocking disabled but that would only affect those clients on that AP and would break roaming between APs etc.

Ric

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

Thanks Ric, that's what I also supposed... but I wanted to ask for it.

I created an additional SSID and disabled "device isolation" for that one.

F.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card