Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP on 5508 for APs

MaximeCH
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all !

I have a CISCO 5508 and i want to make a DHCP only for my AP not for client is it possible on this controler ?
Actually my AP get network information from my DHCP server and i don't wan't to see my AP with my client on this same network.
I don't find anything or i don't search at the right place maybe ^^

Thanks !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...and i don't wan't to see my AP with my client on this same network.
 Put the clients in another subnet (VLAN)  , separating them from the subnet allocated for APs

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...and i don't wan't to see my AP with my client on this same network.
 Put the clients in another subnet (VLAN)  , separating them from the subnet allocated for APs

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

As Marce says keeping APs and clients on separate VLANs is best practice.  Remember the APs must be on the native VLAN while client data can be tagged for local switching or centrally switched on the WLC.

MaximeCH
Level 1
Level 1

Yes i think i do that.

Thank you for your time and your response !

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card