cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disconnection on wifi

adi86sharma2007
Level 1
Level 1

We have cisco 2504 controller and user facing slowness and disconnection issue on frequent basis.

We are these logs on controller :- 

*emWeb: Feb 10 17:50:06.309: %AAA-5-AAA_AUTH_ADMIN_USER: aaa.c:2739 Authentication succeeded for admin user 'HCL' on 10.222.165.202
*broffu_SocketReceive: Feb 10 17:50:05.727: %BROFFU-0-DP_PACKET_WQE_DIFF: broffu_fp_dapi_cmd.c:6348 Warning: DP Packet pool and WQE pool is not normal. DP0 Current PacketBuffer=312 Current WQE = 2466936
*emWeb: Feb 10 17:50:04.258: %AAA-5-AAA_AUTH_ADMIN_USER: aaa.c:2739 Authentication succeeded for admin user 'HCL' on 10.222.165.202

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If this is all the info provided then all I can say is "Cool story, bruh".  

What useful info are available? 

1. What, EXACTLY, is the problem? 
  2. What firmware is the controller running on?
  3. What are the different APs used?
  4. Is the issue happening to ONE person only, one person but multiple devices or multiple devices?
  5. Isolate and identify what wireless clients are affected (based on OS or SSID or location).
  6. What, EXACTLY, is the error message being displayed? 
  7. What radio are the issue(s) more prominent?
  8. Have you VERIFIED and replicated the issue?
  9. What is the exact wireless NIC model?
  10. What is the exact wireless NIC driver version? 

Anjana A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Adding few more points to @Leo Laohoo 

By the shared logs, I feel user authentication failing. But still, share the answers for Leo qn.

Please share the authentication method being used.

Authentication server used for authentication.

Update the user error while facing disconnection.

Regards,

Anjana

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvh79685

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

CSCvh79685 might or might not be relevant but we won't know without the detailed info @Leo Laohoo requested - which should always be included in the initial post for anybody to provide meaningful help.

The bug description implies it is cosmetic and not service affecting though.  The bug also suggests upgrading to release 8.5.151.0 but actually it should say 8.5.151.0 or later - just badly written!

Refer to https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/200046-tac-recommended-aireos.html#anc9 and the release notes for each release to ensure you select a release which supports all your APs.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card