In DNA Center the APs are given a Health Score based on many factors:

• CPU Utilization
  • Memory Utilization
  • Air Quality
  • Interference
  • Noise
  • Radio Utilization
  • Link Errors

But is there a way to disable the Interference value for the 2.4Ghz radio, which always drops the Health Score of my APs.  It is nice to see the 2.4Ghz interference value but is there any value including that in the Health Score.  

Personally I would like to have the ability of excluding the 2.4Ghz interference from the health score because I don't really care about the 2.4Ghz frequency, and it is full of interference.  Anyone know if there is a way to disable that from the score???  I suspect the answer is no there is not.

3 Replies 3

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have been asking Cisco for this for years, I run a 5GHz only network for the services I care about so I really dont care if the 2.4GHz has high interference

I also would like the ability to use AI that actually works to only tell me if 2.4GHz interferance deviates from whats normal at a site as I accept its noisy but may only care if it becomes even noisier.

Also personally I would only care if the client experience is being affected, something I havent seen shown well from DNAC. I’ve had it report client health 10 when the client is having performance issues and also report 1 when there are no issues

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I used the Make a Wish feature in DNAC to ask for that feature. Really is
it surprising that the 2.4Ghz network has move interference.... I expect
more and more people will not care about the 2.4Ghz network now that we are
all designing for the 6Ghz frequency

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes and no. 

Yes, 2.4 Ghz can be excluded if the command "sh ap dot11 5ghz cleanair device type all" is used on the WLC (do not use GUI to do this or it will hammer the 9800 to it's knees!).  

Talk to your Cisco AM/SE or the DNAC CX team and raise a Performance Enhancement Request (or whatever it is called now).  If your company happens to be one of those "very big customers", then there is a chance the PER might be taken "seriously".  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card