Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC - Adding a non managed Anchor WLC

Ezequ!el
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing an issue on DNAC. I have the need to migrate an SSID from our old controller to the new C9800. This SSID is anchored to an old WLC which is not managed by me.

Within DNAC I can only add a mobility peer if it is managed by DNAC (its a dropdown list from managed WLCs). The thing is that I cannot manage that target Anchor WLC, so I cannot add it to DNAC and therefore configure it as a mobility peer.

I can still add the anchor controller manually and directly in the C9800 GUI, and its working fine until DNAC synchronizes the configuration to the C9800 erasing the mobility peer and bringing down the SSID.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to configure an unmanaged WLC as a mobility peer to a managed WLC in DNAC?

Thanks in advance.
Regards

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have DNAc that I use for testing, but I'm not pushing configurations from DNAc, so any changes I make on the controllers do not get overridden.  You might want to check what you are pushing and what you need to do in order to make changes.  Even a small change to a feature, how would you make that change so that DNAc doesn't overwrite that.  

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

We are managing the WLC from the DNAC, as we have fabric and non fabric SSIDs configured on DNAC.

The problem on this specific SSID is, everytime I provision the WLC it brings down the SSID and deletes the anchor configuration I did directly on the WLC as on the DNAC there is no mobility configured for that SSID (because I cant).

My question here is, is there a way to configure that mobility peer from DNAC? Or is there a way to exclude that specific SSID from the provisioning of the WLC from DNAC?

Thanks in advance

RoadRunner4k
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find a solution to this issue? 

Ezequ!el
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco DNAC does still not allow to configure non managed WLC as anchor. So the best solution as per now is to create a template (incluiding the anchor configuration for the SSID) and attach it everytime you provision the WLC with the concerned SSID for the anchor to be reconfigured.

Thats what we have been doing. Hope it helps!

This feature is avaiable in 2.3.5.4 , external anchor.

What is missing is external foreign , in case where you are using somebody's AP infrastructure, but you want your own exit/connectivity through your managed anchor. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card