Views
Helpful
Replies

DSCP Value for Mobility Group Ethernet over IP packets

patrick2600
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have several WLCs which use for our guest network a mobility group with mobility anchor. I want to tag all packets from the WLCs for the mobility group packets with Ethernet over IP (EoIP) with the DSCP value of 10 (AF11). According to Step 10 from https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-5/config-guide/b_cg85/configuring_new_mobility.html I have set the value to 10 on all WLCs. If I'm checking a packet capture I can see some packets with DSCP 10 but most of them will have 0. How can I have all EoIP packets between the WLCs have a DSCP value of 10?

Thanks,

Patrick

3 Replies 3

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the packet capture shows that DSCP vlaue 10 tagged only for the packets destined to UDP5246? You should be seeing that 5247 is tagged with 0. 

Hi Arshadsaf,

Thanks for your reply. I don see UDP 5246 or 5247 traffic. I see a lot of Ethernet over IP (EoIP IP Protocol 97) from/to local and remote WLC. inside the EoIP packets are the IP packets for the wireless clients inside the SSID which als a Mobility Anchor to another controller.

Best Regards,

Patrick

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My bad, I was thinking about capwap for some reason. I will check this tomorrow and let you know.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card