Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
MrMattias87
Beginner

Embedded controller problems on 9120 ap

So i tried installing a embedded controller on my 9120 accesspoint. Following each step from the guides...

After reboot i got:

APF4BD.9EBC.F140#capwap ap EWC-AP in Recovery Mode......

Please use 'archive download-sw' to upgrade AP and Controller image

I follow this up with following command

archive download-sw ewc-ap tftp://192.168.128.7/C9800-AP-iosxe-wlc.bin

A tftp session starts but stops at 79 %.... I think i am running out of space but have problems knowing what i can safetly remove and find it hard to find right commands for doing it... Any nice tips?

6 REPLIES 6
marce1000
VIP Advisor

- Check the tftp server's logs (too) , including which type and 'model'  of tftp server was used (?). Some tftp server's can not handle large files.

M.

I used the built-in tftp server in mac OS x but didnt find the log there so i tryed Solar Winds TFTP server now and get this in the log message:

TFTP.JPG

Any idea why the peer stops responding?

-Try to increase the timeout , in the Solarwinds TFTP server : File>Configure>TFTP Configuration set timeout from 3 to something larger then 10 seconds.

M.

Thank your for your help but still no luck... Same log in the tftp-server and in console session it stop around 77% followed på

curl: (71) Error

tranfer command failed (Error 71)

Any more idea?

- Could you fallback to an FTP based transfer ? Syntax may look like this :

archive download-sw ewc-ap  ftp://user:password@<IP address FTP server>/C9800-AP-iosxe-wlc.bin

M.

netlevelag
Beginner

I am having the same problem. It stops at 77%

I found this: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt44832/?rfs=iqvred

How do I manually delete core files?

Content for Community-Ad