cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling Fast (802.11r) on 7925G 1.4.5.3

spencerondrusek
Level 1
Level 1

My phones were unable to connect when I enabled FT PSK.  Is there a way for this setting to work with 7925g?

Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I'm not mistaken, 792Xg doesn't like FT-PSK as they are more "tuned" to CCKM.

View solution in original post

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add to what Leo mentioned. Devices that don't support 802.11r will not connect.  Now in v8.0 they mentioned devices would still connect even though not supported, but you still get a warning when enabling that feature.  Follow the 7925 guide and use CCKM. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I'm not mistaken, 792Xg doesn't like FT-PSK as they are more "tuned" to CCKM.

and to add .. The only large population of devices that support are iOS devices. Keep in mind, this excludes MACs. Macs do sticky key.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add to what Leo mentioned. Devices that don't support 802.11r will not connect.  Now in v8.0 they mentioned devices would still connect even though not supported, but you still get a warning when enabling that feature.  Follow the 7925 guide and use CCKM. 

-Scott

-Scott

Will the "Fast Ethernet" setting do anything when the security is set to PSK?

Thank You

The Cisco phones are very finicky and adding features that's not in the 792x deployment guide can and will cause issues. You really don't need that enabled. Your better of doing Local EAP on the WLC and creating a generic username and password for the phones and use CCKM. 

-Scott

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card