cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Encryption match

Chieu Dinh
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to connect two bridges Root bridge to non root bridge. The SSID and the encryption must be match on both bridges to get the association and authentication. The encryption can be different when you input from the console or web base. Is there any tool to check for the encryption for matching? Any helps? Thanks

17 Replies 17

We need to rip the config down further. You see that line mobility network id command ? You arent doing a WDS and you dint have a WLSE correct ?

Read this ...

Q. What is the use of the mobility network-id command on an AP?

A. You use the mobility network-id command in order to configure Layer 3 mobility in a wireless network. You use the mobility network-id ssidcommand in order to associate a service set identifier (SSID) to a Layer 3 mobility network ID. With Layer 3 ...

You must use a wireless LAN (WLAN) services module (WLSM) as your wireless domain services (WDS) device in order to properly configure Layer 3 mobility. Layer 3 mobility is not supported when you use an AP as your WDS device. For more information on ...Understanding Layer 3 Mobility section of Configuring WDS, Fast Secure Roaming, and Radio Management.

The command is meant to be used when the AP participates in a WDS infrastructure with a WLSM module (that acts as the WDS device) where there is Layer 3 mobility. If you use this command incorrectly, connectivity problems in the WLAN network result, such as these:

• Clients do not get IP addresses from the DHCP.
  • In some cases, the clients cannot associate with the AP.
  • Wireless clients cannot associate with the AP.
  • Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) authentication does not happen. With the mobility network-id command configured, the AP tries to build a generic routing encapsulation (GRE) tunnel for the forwarding of the EAP packets. If no tunnel is established, the packets cannot go anywhere.
  • The AP that is configured as a WDS device does not function as expected, and the WDS configuration does not work.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thank you very much George.

I removed the mobility network-id and try to associate the bridge. It worked very good now. I am really appreciated your helps. I also ran the debug

debug dot11 dot0 trace print mgmt
debug dot11 station connection failure

It helps alots

Again, thank you for your helps

Excellent! If you dont mind can you mark the question as anwsered? It will help others find a solution and provide me a few points to catch up to Leo and stay ahead of Steve! Feel free to rate all helpful post on CSC.

Thanks again

__________________________________________________________________________________________