Views
Helpful
Replies

environmental questions mounting 9164

MJM780
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are going to install 25 or so waps in 2 buildings that I have environmental questions about.

1 building is a warehouse and one is a production facility. Both have a lot of metal dust in the air.

1. should we place the waps in a fiberglass enclosures, the electrical co. doing the wiring, has said he used them in other industrial environments with dust/humidity etc. concerns.

2. the ceilings are about 30' high, maybe even a bit more, should we be using suspension rods to get them closer to the ground or does it matter? 

we had a site survey done already, so know where they are going more or less, but these ae some additional questions I had.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

White coloured APs usually means it is meant to be installed indoors and in a "clean" environment, i. e.  dust free.  

If the location is going to be dusty and/or humid, think about using a 9124.  

In regards to installation method, the 9124 can be "mated" with various types of 3rd party brackets &/or articulated arms.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

White coloured APs usually means it is meant to be installed indoors and in a "clean" environment, i. e.  dust free.  

If the location is going to be dusty and/or humid, think about using a 9124.  

In regards to installation method, the 9124 can be "mated" with various types of 3rd party brackets &/or articulated arms.  

MJM780
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the answer, looks like might need to switch models.

any comment on suspending from ceiling.

thanks

@MJM780 wrote:
any comment on suspending from ceiling.

There are many ways to "suspend from ceiling" and it will be based on design, budget, aesthetics, etc.  

Because the 9124 comes with several versions, including one without an antenna (AXE), we have mated our 9124 with non-Cisco antenna in a warehouse environment and suspended about 10 metres from the ground using, what we colloquially call, a "trapeze". 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card