Views
Helpful
Replies

Error extracting webauth files

faheemparakkot
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I am getting Error extracting webauth files while uploading Custom Webauth tar file. i have used 7zip to make tar and my box is 5520 running on 8.5.161.0

When i checked the log, i  can see below lines.

Requesting for login page (login.html)
*TransferTask: May 31 15:31:00.245: [PA] sftp operation returns error code:0 error:Transfer Successful

*TransferTask: May 31 15:31:00.248: [PA] RESULT_STRING: SFTP receive complete... extracting webauth files.

*TransferTask: May 31 15:31:00.248: [PA] RESULT_CODE:17

*TransferTask: May 31 15:31:04.251: [PA] upd_extract_webauth_components

*TransferTask: May 31 15:31:04.253: [PA] tar_file_name = /mnt/application/webauth.tar

*TransferTask: May 31 15:31:04.253: [PA] prsnt_strg = tar -C /mnt/application/webauth_ramdisk/ -xf /mnt/application/webauth.tar

*TransferTask: May 31 15:31:04.255: [PA] tar returned 512

*TransferTask: May 31 15:31:04.255: [PA] RESULT_STRING: Error extracting webauth files.

*TransferTask: May 31 15:31:04.255: [PA] RESULT_CODE:19

*TransferTask: May 31 15:31:08.259: [PA] Memory overcommit policy restored from 1 to 0

*emWeb: May 31 15:31:09.616: [PA]
*emWeb: May 31 15:31:15.116: [PA]

Please assist on how to fix this

Thanks

Faheem

7 Replies 7

Rich R
VIP
VIP
Have you followed these guidelines?
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wlan-security/115951-web-auth-wlc-guide-00.html#anc7
How to Configure a Custom Local WebAuth with Custom Page
Custom webauth can be configured with redirectUrl from the Security tab. This forces a redirect to a specific web page you enter. When the user is authenticated, it overrides the original URL the client requested and displays the page for which the redirect was assigned.
The custom feature allows you to use a custom HTML page instead of the default login page. Upload your html and image files bundle to the controller. In the upload page, look for webauth bundle in a tar format. Usually, PicoZip creates tars that work compatibly with the WLC. For an example of a WebAuth bundle, refer to the Download Software page for Wireless Controller WebAuth Bundles. Be sure to select the appropriate release for your WLC. A good recommendation is to customize a bundle that exists; do not create a bundle from scratch.
There are some limitations with custom webauth that vary with versions and bugs. Things to watch for include:
- the .tar file size (no more than 5MB)
- the number of files in the .tar
- the filename length of the files (should be no more than 30 characters)
If your customer package does not work, try with a simple custom package. Then add files and complexity one at a time to reach the package the customer tried to use. This should help you identify the problem. For an example on how to configure a custom page, refer to Creating a Customized Web Authentication Login Page, a section within the Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Configuration Guide, Release 7.0.

Hi rrudling,

Yes, I followed the full steps. It accepts the file and showing error while extracting. Even I tried to upload the bundle via CLI, same error.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Make sure the tar file meets the requirements of not more than 5MB. What you can also do is download the original one from Cisco and upload that to test nothing else is wrong.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

My bundle size is only 100KB

I tried to upload the default tar file. Same issue. 

Might be a bug you are running into especially if the default tar file you downloaded from Cisco does not work. This happened back in the past and was an issues with a certain code.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

raise the TAC or any other solution for this bug?

Yes, since you're already on TAC recommended code version and it doesn't work with the default tar file, your next step is a TAC case. (assuming you've checked the MD5 on that tar file to make sure it's not corrupted)
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card