cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Setting Country Code

aeryilmaz
Level 1
Level 1

After a factory refresh on a 3602i, I am no longer able to set the Country to "US"

It is defaulting to "AU" and when I try changing it I get the error that reads "error in setting country code."

Any thougths on where to start with this?

The AP was purchased in the US and had previously operated under that country code. It's only after the factory refresh that this became an issue.

Version is  7.4.100.60

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have correct Country code on WLC then please factory Default the AP and then try again.

Before you can change the country code of a WLC, you must disable the 802.11a and 802.11b network :

>config 802.11a disable network

>config 802.11b disable network

Now you can change the country code of the controller. For example, we change it from US to IN (INDIA)

>config country US

After changing the country,enable the 802.11 interfaces.

>config 802.11a enable network

>config 802.11b enable network

If still problems then pase the output of the command:

WLC:

Sh sysinfo

AP:

sh inventory

Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can't change a country code on an access point but you can add the country code to the wlc.

You should be able to see in the logs if the ap has the wrong country code, mismatch with the wlc out there. You need to verify you are using the correct ap in the country it is being used in.

paste the output of sh inventory form AP.

Regards

Just to add.... what does the label on the underneath of the AP or the label on the box show as far as ap model.  That will tell you what the country code of the AP is also.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Country of origin is US

And, it was working prior to the factory reset.

I should've mentioned that it is from the WLC that I am trying to change the Country Code.

If you have correct Country code on WLC then please factory Default the AP and then try again.

Before you can change the country code of a WLC, you must disable the 802.11a and 802.11b network :

>config 802.11a disable network

>config 802.11b disable network

Now you can change the country code of the controller. For example, we change it from US to IN (INDIA)

>config country US

After changing the country,enable the 802.11 interfaces.

>config 802.11a enable network

>config 802.11b enable network

If still problems then pase the output of the command:

WLC:

Sh sysinfo

AP:

sh inventory

Regards

To truly factory reset, you need to erase the nvram.  If the model number is US, then it should be US as the AP country code can't be changed.  Factory reset of the AP doesn't mean that you can change the country code of the AP, but you can always add or remove a country code from the WLC, which is global to the WLC and not making direct changes to the AP.

debug lwapp console cli

or

debug capwap console cli

erase /all nvram

Example:

Entered the username and password

debug capwap console cli

erase /all nvram:

[confirm]

undebug all

reload

[confirm]

Hold reset for over 30 seconds to get to ROMMON

ap:delete flash:private-config

ap:delete flash:private-multiple-fs

ap:boot

Your AP will be factory default

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi all - thanks for your replies! They were much appreciated!

I did another factory reset on the AP, this time using the "hard reset" option from the controller. After the reset, the AP re-joined and I am now able to specificy the correct country code.

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card