Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension cable for antenna

jakub12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking to deploy few Cisco Meraki MR76 in a warehouse environment. Only option for the WAPs pacement are vertical beams that support roof structure. Beams are quite wide hence I want to separate antennas away from the beam using unistrut mounted perpendicularly on the beams. That will allow me to create around 50cm distance between antennas and both sides of the beam. I hope to create better omnidirectional RF propagation using this installation method. Problem is that Cisco Meraki doesn't offer any n-connector extension cable for MR76 and MA-ANT-20. Low-loss cables like this can be found easily online however the customer I work for is one of the biggest telcos in UK and they can use only "pre-checked" vendors like Cisco. From what I can see Cisco have AIR-CAB005LL-N available but both connectors are male... From what I understand to connect MR76 and MA-ANT-20 I need a cable with male connector on one end and female on other. Does Cisco have cable that would support my solution?

Thanks in advance.

Jacob

1 Reply 1

ammahend
VIP
VIP

No, but you can easily find a converter on Amazon or a third party low loss cable. 

-hope this helps-
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card