cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External Wifi Antennas, do they go EOL, better to keep old external or new internal?

Jonnyballgame34
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, 

I have a couple of general wifi architecture questions.  I need to replace some AP"s at my office that are going EOL.  Some of them are 

AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9

And they have external antennas.  My boss wants to use 2702's to replace them so that we can re-use the external Antennas.  Our standard internal deployment right now is a 1702.  So my questions would be

-Is there anyway to identify the current antenna model via the WLC?

-Do these antennae have a legitimate EOL date?

-Is there anyway to way the benefits of 2702's with old external antennas, vs new 1702/s with internals?

My horse in the race is the 1702's, solely because I already have some in inventory, but I am looking for a way to subtley/indirectly float the idea that we'd be better off with the internals.  Thanks

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My boss wants to use 2702's to replace them so that we can re-use the external Antennas.  Our standard internal deployment right now is a 1702.

Ok, let's look back at the 1250.  Each of the six antenna ports are single-band.  

The newer 2702E antenna ports, however, are dual-band.  

So this means that if 1250 antennas are to be used, then only a single radio will be enabled.  It simple doesn't make any sense.  

thanks for looking at my questions...and good to know--thanks again

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card