cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to Send Packet on port "awc0"?

rawrenn
Level 1
Level 1

I have two BR350's that communicated fine for about 6 months; Then, suddenly they lost contact; I drove out (one is truly remote - no ethernet access), rebooted and that didn't do the trick. I brought the remote in, hooked it to a rubber duck and it worked fine. I went through everything screen by screen, all seems to be right; I took it back out and it worked for about three days until it once again, lost contact.

During the short duration, I kept a check on the logfile and though it never appeared in the beginning months; I did notice occasional "spurts" of "Failed to Send Packet on port "awc0" (error=0x00000041)" while it was in the remote location over these few days.

After this second failure, I once again retrieved the bridge, set it up in the building and during that period; I reapplied the firmware upgrade to both devices and I used the "Cisco Services" menu to reverse the two in case the remote device was having hardware problems and where it would be easier to address.

I'm not sure if the warning message has anything to do with the connectivity problems. Another network in the area is having similar connectivity problems, or at least they were last week and I should hear more from them this AM. But, once again, I have the remote device in the lab and this time, I've gotten a couple more of those error messages which wasn't the case, last time it was "onshore".

(This is the second time in the lab in the past couple of weeks; While it worked fine, when I drove it back out after the first time; It would not connect at all, the second time, so I brought everything in to do further testing including the antenna which I had switched/replaced in the field and tried a new cable to no avail. Though, everything works in the lab and I've been stepping it out over the past couple of days to see exactly where the fall-off may occur)

I did a warm reboot and hopefully that might eliminate the warnings, but does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing them to appear and what I could do about them? And of course, if you believe they may be related to my reliability issues, please feel free to let me know.

Up top, it says I am running 12.04; But, if you look at the firmware version under "Cisco Services", it comes back as 12.03. All I know is that I believe I downloaded/applied the most recent version, but the conflicting messages causes me to be unsure.

I am running 128-bit WEP and am using MAC-address, plus SSID filters. As I said, the warnings seem to follow no pattern other than coming in occasional "spurts". I never noticed them before and they did not occur, the last time I had it in the lab. And, they only appear on the device that is labelled "remote" even though, it is physically a different radio, as before.

Any ideas would be appreciated;

R

PS) I apologize, but perhaps this should've been posted in another forum; It's been a long couple of days and I simply posted in the same place as the messages that came-up on a keyword search; Sorry and for the record; I will not post a dupe, but if a moderator would like to move it; Please feel free.

1 Reply 1

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

Seems similair to bug CSCdy60045, may be you can take a look at it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card