cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

All,Have our first 802.11b installation up and running. Using mobile PCs with integrated barcode scanners from HHP (model Dolphin 9500) for a warehouse management system.Any suggestions on what config parameters on the 1200s to watch for to get opti...

When cisco will add support of 1300 series AP for the WLSM module? It is very important for us since we would like to use these AP together with WLSM.

Is there an easier way to get the logon prompt to pop up automatically instead of having to click on the network connection icon in the task bar when using PEAP (with OTP) on Windows XP machines. I don't have such problems with W2K machines.Thanks.

sibho by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

This may be a bit of a stupid question but here goes anyway.I'm doing a wireless site survey and NetStumbler has discovered a few "peers". My understanding is that a "peer" in their terms is a client that is set in ad hoc mode. Will this client cause...

c.alison by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! WEP vs WPA

Need some insight for the above. I recommend 350 bridges for a site and they ask me why use WEP when WPA is more secure.

have an ap350 running IOS 12.2(13)JA1. need to upgrade it to VxWorks 350v 12.04. whenever i hit upgrade ap does not upgrade. any idea why?

ctaymez by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I do not have a radius server and I'm try to get my WLSE to manage my wds ap (1200). I have local radius running on the wds and other ap's are registered to it, but not the WLSE. Is this possible? Or is it a problem the local radius works on ports...

I am trying to set up PEAP-MS-CHAP v2. I am using Windows 2003 with IAS, Cisco 340 AP with 12.03T, Cisco 350 Wireless Card, Windows XP SP1. After logging with wireless user account, it connects, authenticates, and associates with AP for about 5-7 sec...

apoulatov by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I thought I would share the solution we found.Enviornment,Mixed hardware clients, all WIFI compatible.Cisco 1231 AP'sCisco Secure ACS for windowsWPA with PEAP Problem,Clients utilizing WinXP SP2 and wireless zero conf were not able to connect to our ...

With 2 sites using two 1300 bridges as a wireless link between the 2 LANs, what is the best mode to put them in if I only want the wired traffic to pass....not other AP's or Clients?

m-carey by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,Can someone please explain the deauthentication reason below from my 1200 event logs:Reason: Previous authentication no longer valid.What causes this? I'm using non-Cisco clients - is there a specific inactivity time out that causes this?Thanks!

Hi,As per my understanding the 1200 Series Access points running IOS (12.2(15)XR) send the management traffic (RADIUS,Accouting NTP etc) un-tagged i.e. using VLAN 1.As per our current setup, we assign this un-tagged traffic to a different VLAN (by ch...

mnlatif by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone explain the difference between the cipher TKIP and the cipher TKIP w/ 128bit WEP? I thought you got a key when you selected TKIP...Thanks in advance.David Beaver

d.beaver by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card