Views
Helpful
Replies

Fast SSID change question

Clem58
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

We have a WLC5520 with APs in flexconnect mode, with have an recurrent issue, when we are connected to a WLAN and want to switch to another, example the guest WLAN, it fails 5/10 times. To connect at first time we need to disconnect from WLAN before connecting to another one.

I've read the "Fast SSID Change" feature can solve thie issue.

Do you know if it's ok to enable this feature in flexconnect mode ?

As it's a global setting, and we have around 400 APs, it's critical for us, do you know if there will be any disconnection/reboot when we will enable it ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I have made these changes in the past on many environments without any disruption. Like was was already mentioned, if you are worried, make the change during a change window. It’s probably best to do that anyways.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

alparslan.islek
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem.I enabled fastSSID change there was not any problem like AP reboot and client disconnect.

I had Flex APs too.

There is no warning in config guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_01001.html

But if you are still not sure you can wait to change after work hours.

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you should enable FAS SSID Change.

https://rscciew.wordpress.com/2014/06/07/fast-ssid-change/

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I have made these changes in the past on many environments without any disruption. Like was was already mentioned, if you are worried, make the change during a change window. It’s probably best to do that anyways.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Clem58
Level 3
Level 3

Many thanks guys for your answer !

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card