cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flex controller upgrade with redundant site

thefilmguy
Level 1
Level 1

I am about to upgrade one of our flex controllers from 7.4.110 to 8.0.120. With about 70 flex groups and redundancy between another location, what is the best scenario for doing this upgrade? Should I manually failover the AP's to the redundant controller before upgrading then failback? How can I manually failover flex groups?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Honestly I'd load the code to both WLC, and then push the new image to the "primary Flex AP" at each site.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_010010001.html

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Honestly I'd load the code to both WLC, and then push the new image to the "primary Flex AP" at each site.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_010010001.html

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

That would be the preferred method however the redundant controller is actively being used for another site. So I can't bring both sites down. I guess once I get site A back up and running after the FUS, I could migrate each group one at a time. Agree?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card