cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexConnect AP

spencermoore
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I'm trying to implement a new AP in FlexConnect mode at our branch office, but need some assistance. This AP will be replacing a standalone Linksys device, will be the sole AP at this location, and will only need to broadcast the new WLAN I created. Thus far, I've configured the new WLAN and enabled FlexConnect on my AP (currently show FlexConnect under mode on the WLC); however, when I enable the WLAN it's being broadcasted by all AP's in the organization and I only need it to broadcast through this single AP. Do I need to create an AP group or FlexConnect group? Additionally, this new location is on a separate VLAN than the rest of the AP's. Does this mean I'll need to create a new interface on the controller?

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Erik Witkop
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, an AP-group is the correct solution. And yes, you should create a new dynamic interface and associate it with your new WLAN. You will also probably want to do local switching on the new WLAN at the new site. There is a checkbox for local switching on the WLAN UI page.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Erik Witkop
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, an AP-group is the correct solution. And yes, you should create a new dynamic interface and associate it with your new WLAN. You will also probably want to do local switching on the new WLAN at the new site. There is a checkbox for local switching on the WLAN UI page.

Thanks! Another quick question. When I configure a new dynamic interface on the WLC will it have any affect on clients currently connected to other SSID's? I don't want to disconnect everyone when I create a new interface..

No, it should not have an effect on other WLAN's using a different dynamic interface.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card