Views
Helpful
Replies

Flexconnect deployment issue

moti haim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have two WLC 5508 in HA, configured with WLAN for local switching and flexconnect APs.

i'm running code 7.4.121.0

i'm using ISE for authentication and NAC policies.

under the WLAN, radius NAC is configured and sometimes authenticated clients obtain an IP address from DHCP server but lossing connectivity to default gatway and so on.

After disabling radius NAC on the WLAN everything looks just fine.

is someone know about any bug related to that?

on any release note after 7.4.121 and even 8.0 there are many bugs related to flexconnect.

what is the best software release for using this deployment?

3 Replies 3

Unless you really required this RADIUS NAC feature, you can simply untick that check box. Here is 8.0 RADIUS NAC configuration details which listed some limitations

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-0/configuration-guide/b_cg80/b_cg80_chapter_0110001.html

I remember during an ISE troubleshooting they recommend to enable it on our dot1X WLAN, but we did not do that as some limitations listed as it not support with "vlan select" which we are using.

I think you should reach TAC to find specific bug detail related to the behavior you experience.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Thank you.

i really need some general information regarding the best software release with flex connect.

i have a lot of deployments with Virtual controller and flexconnect and i cant find stable release.

just for example:

in 7.4.121

CSCud44269 - Roaming breaks for clients associated to the access point

in 7.6.120

CSCuj61455 - Clients get disconnected from FlexConnect AP

in 7.6.130

CSCun20768 - Clients are unable to associate to flex mode local switching WLAN.

in 8.0

CSCuj61455 - FlexConnect clients are being deauthenticated for an unknown reason

Out of all these code, I think you have to end up with 8.x as that will be the code Cisco put some effort to fix known bugs.  

In other codes they may or may not..

HTH

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: