cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexConnect Group Conflict with PnP?

cbcalhoun
Level 1
Level 1

Not finding much information what the message means when adding APs to FlexConnect AP groups.

The column 'Conflict with PnP', what does that mean? I cannot find any information on that column and it is showing 'yes' on my APs listed under the group.

Please help me understand what this is. Thanks!Capture.JPG

10 Replies 10

Hi @cbcalhoun

On the following link there's are detailed explanation about pnp and flexconnect group. However, it is no clear about the message itself.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-3/Flex_7500_DG.html#pgfId-144852

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hi,

In release 8.3.133.0, I have the same issue with AIR-LAP1141N-E-K9, AIR-CAP3702I-E-K9 and AIR-CAP2702I-E-K9.

With AIR-AP2802I-E-K9 it's ok.

In Trap Logs I get this:

"...Cloud configured value of flexgroup headquarters" conflicts with manual configuration headquarters for AP xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx..."

Capture.JPG

Does any one figured this out?

I have not found any useful information on what this is. It is not documented very well in Cisco's documentation.

//CSCvh52181 Conflict with PnP is changed from No to yes after FlexConnect AP reload

//it seems to be a cosmetic issue.

//display flex group name - Do we see additional info than the configured name.
AP#show capwap client rcb

Hi Saravanan,

Thank you for the information.

Yes, after checking the AP's (AP#show capwap client rcb ) FlexConnect group name, there is a extra " in the group name.

Yes, you're hitting this bug and its cosmetic issue.

Bug doesn't have any workaround mentioned, however you can try to remove the extra character manually and OR export the file remove the character in config and import back to WLC(use this method with caution and in lab before trying in production.)

I have exported the config from the wlc and there is no " in the Flexconnect group configuration.

I removed one access point from the existing group with the extra " and PnP Conflict and the conflict is resolved, but the extra " is still in the access point configuration.

it appear to be run-time ascii handling issue on WLC, the same reason there is no workaround.
Subscribe to the bug and once fix available move to fixed code.

Thank you for your help Saravanan.

I'm waiting for the 8.3MR4 Interim release, hope that resolves this bug.

Once again, thank you for your help.

you're welcome.
please mark answered/rate helpful to help others, if you believe so. Thanks!
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card