Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fluidmesh RF planner software

Hi everyone,

I have a question, what RF software have a database with Fluidmesh AP and antennas???  I need have a Point-to-Point design in mining industry, and I don't know a software compatible with Fluidmesh equipment.

Best regards.

3 Replies 3

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have not seen Airmagnet or Ekahau add FluidMesh.

Last I saw was Cisco was using their own Fluid Mesh predictive software. That being said a support ticket to Ekahau or Hamena with the Fluid Mesh Antenna datasheets may enable them to add them for you

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Dear friends. It is possible to create custom antennas in ekahau, see the tip in the link https://badfi.com/blog/2016/5/25/add-a-custom-ap-antenna-in-ekahau

Just be patient (a lot) and take it. Good luck and always back up!

Since 2021, the only program I've been able to use to simulate RF scenarios for Fluidmesh is called Radio Mobile. It's an older program, but it yields very good results. In fact, it's useful for analyzing both PtP and PtMP links.

While Ekahau is quite powerful for indoor Wi-Fi scenarios, in an environment like a mine, you'll need to consider critical parameters such as the Fresnel zone, which Ekahau doesn't handle.

The advantage or disadvantage of this program is that you'll need to have the datasheets for the Fluidmesh antennas and radios at hand, as you'll need to design the radiation pattern of the antenna you want to use, as well as input the parameters of the radio.

There's a lot of documentation about this program available online. If you'd like to learn more, here's the relevant webpage: https://www.ve2dbe.com/rmonline_s.asp

I hope this information proves helpful to many for validating their radio link designs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: