Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fool question

Hello eveyone.

Sorry if this questions is fool, but I visited an Hotel because they have isssues with its wireless network, they have four Wavions antennas, but they're working on channels 3,9,10. This antennas give service to rooms, beach, lobbies etc. In some places like restaurants they have AP's ubiquiti working in channels 1,6,11.

The wavion Antennas work on 2.4 band. I think the wavion are using incorrect channels, because I know 2.4 band just can use channel 1,6,11.

I'm right or I get this wrong?

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You're assumptions are correct.  Someone has misconfigured the channels.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You're assumptions are correct.  Someone has misconfigured the channels.  

thanks Leo wink

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

U are not force to only use channels 1, 6 , 11

the reason you do is because they dont overlap (see the 2.4Ghz spectrum),

In your specifique case the problem is that channels 9 and 10 are overlapping each other.

Regards,

Juan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card