cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

For 9800 wireless controller i want to connect multiple Flex connect Access points , its possible i can use the same profile for that, in all sites we are using different native vlan

For 9800 wireless controller i want to connect multiple Flex connection Access points , its possible i can use the same for that, in all the we are using different native vlan

For example : 

1st site : 100

2nd site: 200

3rd site: 300

Kindly let me know i can use the same policy for all the flex connect sites.

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You will at least need different Policy Profiles per site ,  check this document :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/213945-understand-flexconnect-on-9800-wireless.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Just keep in mind that it’s also best practice to separate your sites with different site tags. Depending on the model of 9800 you have running, there is a number WNCd process in which the recommendations is to have 500 or less aps per WNCd process. They also suggest for local switching to have different site tags per site and to split sites that have greater than 500 access points into multiple site tags.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I have created a Single policy for the local site & multiple profile policies for the flex connect site.

>> now all its working 

Glad you got it working.  What you did is what is best practice also.  

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Cool!!!

1. Generally, i keep this flow in mind when doing high-level flex design.
    One Flex Profile, per each site - Reason:Can enforce different native vlan per site and specify all locally-switched VLANs used at that site.
  2. One Policy Profile per each WLAN per site - Reason:Can map per WLAN-VLAN at each site, map to closest radius server, qos,..
    (may want to try and use similar vlan ID/Same profile, if there're numerous sites.)
  3. RF Tags, if specialty deployments/APs in use.
  4. Of course SiteTag per each site to broadcast appropriate WLANs at that site/location.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card