cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Force channel assignment - Radar problems

Alfonsoj
Level 1
Level 1

First of all thanks for your help.I have a simple scenario with two RAPS and one MAP but I am suffering random disassociations from the MAP Access Point and the clients connected to this AP accordingly.

Picture3.JPG

Checking at logs I notice that there is plenty of radar interruptions so I decided to disable DFS in order to avoid that interriptions using "config mesh full-sector-dfs disable" command.

Unfortunately the problem persist and I decided to force channels with the objective to avoid problematic channels  selecting only channels 36 to 48 in DCA section, but I still can see AP connected to forbidden channels (136 and 100).

Picture1.JPG

Configuring manually the AP channels only channels from 100 to 140 are available:

Picture2.JPG

I am sure im missing something and i will really appreciate if can someone kindly put some light.

Many thanks in advance

13 Replies 13

superego
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What code are you using?

Provide output using CLI:

show sysinfo

show mesh config

show advanced 802.11a channel

You can omit confidential stuff from the output.

Hello Sir, thanks for your answer.

The product version is 8.5.135.0

attached the output you requested.

Thanks!

Thanks for providing the output.

I see that you're using:

Configured Country............................... ES  - Spain

which falls under the ETSI regulatory domain and explains why you're unable to see the other channels as in North America does.

Reg Dom.JPG

Many thanks for your quick answer :)

Well, what you are telling make sense but there should be a way to once DFS is disabled use lower channels to avoid the radar interference. This is disconnecting the clients and it is a real nightmare.

thanks in advance

superego
Level 1
Level 1

I see the issue you have is that on Wireless>802.11a>RRM>DCA

The only thing you have is 36,44,48,52.

Since you only have these that's why you see DFS channel still as there are no other options and backhaul use channels 100> and up.

Add more channels by selecting checkbox thru GUI.

Channel-802.11a.PNG

Or CLI,

config advanced 802.11a channel add 52

config advanced 802.11a channel add 56

config advanced 802.11a channel add 60

config advanced 802.11a channel add 64

config advanced 802.11a channel add 149

config advanced 802.11a channel add 153

config advanced 802.11a channel add 157

config advanced 802.11a channel add 161

HTH, please rate helpful posts.

Thanks so much for your reply!

thanks for your point of view but even activating the rest of ports:

Picture4.JPG

I have the same limitation with custom channels:

Picture2.JPG

Hope I understood your point.

Only U-NII-2C band can be used for backhaul channels that's why you'll only see channels 100-140.

Europe

U-NII-1

23 dBm Maximum - Not permitted for outdoor usage

U-NII-2A

23 dBm Maximum - Not permitted for outdoor usage

Frequency Bands Supported.jpg

Reference:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-5/Enterprise-Mobility-8-5-Design-Guide/Enterprise_Mobility_8-5_Deployment_Guide/Chapter-8.html

Since you have limited channels which are also DFS channels.

Solution i can think of is that you set Backhaul Channel width to 40/80 MHz. 

In this way, you'll still have redundancy like if you use 80 MHz, 4 channels will be used so if a radar swept on one channel, you still have another channel that works.

***Please mark post that is helpful / mark as a solution

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

I know there is an identified bug on radar detection and we worked with TAC. But we did not want to disable the >100 channel where the DFS applies. In your case, I am not sure if the configuration you made is actually removing those >100 channels. Please check:

ap1520-rap # show mesh channels

Run a debug as indicated in the following link and provide output

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/mesh/8-1/design/guide/b_mesh_81/Troubleshooting.html#ID9488

Hi Mister:

Can you kindly be a little more specific? I am sending the commands with no feedback so I assume (of course) that i am doing something wrongPicture5.JPG

thanks in advance Sir

Alfonsoj
Level 1
Level 1

Sirs, thanks so much for your ideas and support. I am waiting remote access to test latests solutions. In the meantime I was thinking that adding 2 more antennas for each AP (4 in total per each AP) can help to avoid the AP disassociation?

Make it sense for you?

Thanks in advance

All the backhaul channels in your 5GHz domain are on DFS.  Try setting the backhaul Channel Width to 80 MHz.  

Adding more antenna will still have same effect just give more bandwidth.

If you have only attached 2 of the 4 antennas, have you disabled the antenna-ports correctly in the configuration? Otherwise you will also have other issues, like no or extremely bad performance.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card