cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frequency

sprocket10
Level 2
Level 2

I have been asked to find out what frequencies are being used by our wireless APs (1042N) within a building. There are 12 APs in the open plan building.

Can anyone help point me to finding this out. I have looked on the controller and just cannot seem to find anything.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take a look here. It will tell you the frequency for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#section_1

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Those APs support both 2.4 and 5 GHz.

(model 1040 has two flavors, 1041 which only supports 2.4 GHz and 1042 which supports both 2.4 and 5 GHz).

Now, your AP supports both frequencies. but are you using them both? or you use one of them?

for a radio to be in use you must check two things:

- the radio is enabled.

- the WLAN radio policy uses that radio.

To check if a radio is enabled, on GUI:

- Wireless -> 802.11a/n (and 802.11b/g/n)-> Network. "802.11a network status" (and "802.11b/g/n network status) checkbox shows if the radio enabled or disabled.

- To see if specific WLAN uses both radios or one radio, you go to (GUI) WLAN-> click on your WLAN ID. in that page you look into "Radio Policy" list. "All" means both radio are enabled Or, if the WLAN uses only one radio then that radio will be mentioned (802.11a or 802.11b/g).

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

sorry, I should have been move acurate. Is there a way of telling what frequencies within the 2.4GHz range. Aparently its interferreing with something else.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take a look here. It will tell you the frequency for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#section_1

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card