cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FUS and IOS Update for WLC2504

toddbengen
Level 1
Level 1
We purchased a Cisco WLC 2504 and Cisco Aironet AP1815I for use in the classroom as part of our Cisco Academy. 
We are a community college and do IT and CCNA training for students.

Students were working to get the AP's connected to the WLC and through research and debug, were able to determine that WLC is running version 7 - that APs are newer and running version 8.  Console message indicates the discovery message is denied from the WLC due to it being version 7.
So we need a IOS update for the WLC2504 - but hitting dead ends.  Cannot download it as we do not have a Smartnet agreement on this device as it is simply used for student exposure.  Can't start a new Smartnet agreement as it passed the End of New Service Attachment Date.
It's not a production environment, just trying to provide students with exposure to a larger business type wireless setup.
Any suggestions or options to get our WLC and FUS updated to support the 1815I LWAPs?
Cisco AIR-CT2504-K9 V03
Cisco compatibility says the 1815I APs require at least 8.3.112 IOS on the WLC.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Read this:  Cisco IOS XE Software for Catalyst 9800 Series and Cisco AireOS Software for Cisco WLC Flexible NetFlow Version 9 Denial of Service Vulnerability

Scroll down to the "Customers Without Service Contract" section: 

Customers who purchase directly from Cisco but do not hold a Cisco service contract and customers who make purchases through third-party vendors but are unsuccessful in obtaining fixed software through their point of sale should obtain upgrades by contacting the Cisco TAC.

Customers should have the product serial number available and be prepared to provide the URL of this advisory as evidence of entitlement to a free upgrade.

NOTE:  Do not call/phone TAC.  Send TAC an email will suffice.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Maybe not a solution but a workaround would be use virtual WLC. Cisco has 60 days free.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Read this:  Cisco IOS XE Software for Catalyst 9800 Series and Cisco AireOS Software for Cisco WLC Flexible NetFlow Version 9 Denial of Service Vulnerability

Scroll down to the "Customers Without Service Contract" section: 

Customers who purchase directly from Cisco but do not hold a Cisco service contract and customers who make purchases through third-party vendors but are unsuccessful in obtaining fixed software through their point of sale should obtain upgrades by contacting the Cisco TAC.

Customers should have the product serial number available and be prepared to provide the URL of this advisory as evidence of entitlement to a free upgrade.

NOTE:  Do not call/phone TAC.  Send TAC an email will suffice.

Leo - thanks much.  I was able to cite the link you shared and they immediately posted the FUS update and I downloaded that yesterday afternoon.  However it looks like it is just a FUS update and not the OS.  Hoping to have some time today or this weekend to do the update to see if it also includes the version 8 OS.  All of the docs with it only reference the FUS update.

AIR-CT2500-K9-2-0-0-0-FUS.aes

Get the exact filename you want and provide it to TAC so they can publish it.

HI Todd 

Good Day !! can you help me to download this FUS upgrade 2.0 if you have in your PC , i need it to study for my home lab

AIR-CT2500-K9-2-0-0-0-FUS.aes

toddbengen
Level 1
Level 1

Leo - nailed it.  Until I provided the specific file name and location - lot's of back and forth.  Once I provided the specific file name and location, the FUS and IOS update were posted within an hour.  Kept thinking they would tell me what I needed.  All I needed to do was to tell them and done.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card