cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Global Multicast Mode but exclude Guest WLAN

emily00001
Level 1
Level 1

I'm on a 2504 and had Global Multicast Mode set to on. This worked on all the controllers WLANs. On the guest WLAN I enabled P2P blocking but noted that the multicast was still active there. I tried to disable the Global Multicast Mode on the controller and use Multicast VLAN Feature on the WLANs where I wanted multicast to work but that apparently doesn't work when global multicast mode isn't checked.

What do I do to have multicast on for only some of my WLANs? Is it at all possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

WLAN I enabled P2P blocking but noted that the multicast was still active there

This is expected behavior. You cannot control multicast traffic using P2P blocking feature. Pls have a look at "restrictions for peer-to-peer blocking" section of below document

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-2/config-guide/b_cg82/b_cg82_chapter_01010001.html

What do I do to have multicast on for only some of my WLANs? Is it at all possible?

from WLC level, I do not think there is a solution. But at the switch level you can disable PIM on the interface defined for guest wireless users. That should helps

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

WLAN I enabled P2P blocking but noted that the multicast was still active there

This is expected behavior. You cannot control multicast traffic using P2P blocking feature. Pls have a look at "restrictions for peer-to-peer blocking" section of below document

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-2/config-guide/b_cg82/b_cg82_chapter_01010001.html

from WLC level, I do not think there is a solution. But at the switch level you can disable PIM on the interface defined for guest wireless users. That should helps

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Ok, thanks for the advice.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card