Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest and corp WIFI Design

Hi, 

We are implementing Cisco WIFI solution with virtual LAN controller and Proxy server in our cloud data centre. We have one gig internet connection at our headquarter and create VPN to cloud via cisco firewalls. 

The requirement is all the Access point register with virtual WLC and our corp WIFI traffic will go to cloud via our proxy and then to internet but our guest wifi traffic will go directly to internet rather going to cloud and then internet.

We are not sure if its possible because vWLC is in cloud.Does only control traffic from guest wifi go to vWLC and browsing traffic go directly to internet . We are using public DNS for guest traffic.Any advice or better suggestion welcome.

Diagram attached for topology.

Regards.

4 Replies 4

Hi 

You can put your AP as flexconnect and use central switching for CORP and local switching for GUEST.

This way CORP traffic will be sent to wlc on the cloud and GUEST traffic will be sent locally.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Thanks Flavio,

Does flex-connect is supported on 1850 AP and with vWLC? and we do not need any separate vWLC for guest traffic.

Regards.

The AP is supported. But, flexconnect central switching is not, forget about my suggestion.

You only can have flexconnect in local switching.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Thanks Flavio,

It mean we cant do Corp wifi in Cloud ? We do need both local guest and corp via cloud.

Do we need to buy different AP ? or there is any other way to achieve this?

Regards.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card