Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Server - Self-Service login page

Louise Coe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Has anyone managed to customise the spash page users see when they login ?

We are trying things like stopping the "access plan" from displaying and the phone country code to default to 44 and not +1.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

blakekrone
Level 4
Level 4

Louise, I'm not quite following the second part of your question.

Customizing the splash page is a fairly simple process and there are examples available on CCO. Assuming you are using a WLC there is a webauth bundle that is located on the WLC download section, inside this bundle there are various options for page layouts as well as an instruction file letting you know how to use them. The main thing to remember is that the file size is limited of the tar file that you create and you need to use 7zip for example on Windows to create proper bundle.

ISE also has the ability to host the captive portal as well and there should be an example of that floating around on CCO as well I think. The same concept applies, you modify the HTML pages to your liking, tar them up, and then upload to your ISE box.

+5 Blake ... I didnt know NCS could host the guest page. So is that coin as the "external" server option under guest ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Had to edit that post, meant to say ISE, not NCS. Darn acronyms, too many to keep straight!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card