Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest User issue

Hi,

I have a WLC model 5500 running the version 7.0.98.0 in the DMZ as a guest controller. The authentication given for Guest SSID is WPA-PSK and internal Webauthentication. I login to this WLC as a lobbyadmin and create the guest user credentials and use these credentials for accessing internet. The connectivity is fine.But within some time, it again request for the user credentials. Only if i give the details, i will be able to access the internet. This happens very frequently.

Could you please let me know what can be the solution?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Whats that specific time that u need to reconnect?? do we have any pattern?? Please let me know the session timeout value set for that WLAN?? Session timeout will be configured on the WLAN >> Edit >> Advanced. By default it will be 1800 seconds.. make it 0 and see if you are able to reproduce the issue..

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Whats that specific time that u need to reconnect?? do we have any pattern?? Please let me know the session timeout value set for that WLAN?? Session timeout will be configured on the WLAN >> Edit >> Advanced. By default it will be 1800 seconds.. make it 0 and see if you are able to reproduce the issue..

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I have changed the session timeout value and tested. Still i am facing the same issue. Wireless doesnot get disconnected but It requests for authentication every five minutes eventhough the user browse continuously.

"debug client "

The only reason you should be forced to re-auth is if you've been deauthenticated from the WLC (session timeout for example).

The idle timeout is 5 minutes and it would do the same (but Idle timeout implies your client never sent a packet for 5 minutes...)

In 7.0.98.0 I think there is an issue where a client who goes to sleep or standby could get removed before the 5 minute idle timeout (tables/phones/etc do this frequently), so I'd suggest you upgrade....

If you don't want to blindly upgrade, then look at your client debug and figure out why he gets back to a webauth_reqd state.

Hi,

Its working fine when i changed the session timeout to 0. I did a small mistake. i changed in the internal controller But didnot change the session timeout in the DMZ controller.. its working fine now... Thankyou.

Thats nice to hear!! it was my pleasure working with you!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card