Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Wlan cannot access internet

waqas.arshad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I would like to ask for a help with our guest network no able to access internet.  I made few tests and here is the summary.

• Client are getting ip address from DHCP
  • Authentication is successful.
  • Ping to 8.8.8.8 is working
  • Ping to google.com or any other website is working
  • DNS resolution is working

Everything is working as expected but still user cant browse the websites. They don’t have access to internet. Its very strange behavior and I am not able to understand what could be the issue. We are using Cisco ISE for authentication and i don't see any issue with Authentication. 

Regards,

Arshad

3 Replies 3

Hi

Your clients are actually accessing the internet. If you can ping an url you are for sure leaving your network and going to the internet just fine. I mean, there is no connective issue and DNS is working fine. 

I can see basically some possibilities here. 

First: you have proxy in your browser or maybe transparent proxy and it is blocking you. 

Second: You have a firewall and the firewall is not allowing http/https for guest 

Third: your guest ACL is missing  a permit ip any any at the end.. 

Rich R
VIP
VIP

What WLC?
What version of software?
What AP?
What troubleshooting have you done?
Have you tried to reboot the AP?
Was this working before or it's new and has never worked?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add, connect a laptop to a switch on the same vlan as your guest.  See if the wired laptop can access the internet.  Also, we don't know how you are using ISE, but if you create a test SSID that is open and map that to the vlan for guest, does it work.  You need to try to eliminate variables so you can understand where to really focus your troubleshooting.  Is it wireless or wired to, bypassing ISE, does it work?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card