Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GUI access on 5520s SSO

Not applicable

Hello, I am currently staging 2x 5520s in SSO mode. They're up and running except my only access is via CLI. Anyone know how to access this via GUI when it's not connected to the network? (Directly connected) (GUI via the SP doesn't work in SSO mode - known limitation)

cheers, Linda 

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Linda,

When SSO is enabled you loose GUI from the service port.  There is no work around for this.  Configuration needs to be performed via the CLI either through console, telnet or ssh.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott

Thanks Scott, I'm trying to 'convert' 5760 config to 5520 so having GUI and CLI would make my life easier.  I might have to disable sso to get the SP up again. Are you aware of any issues with removing then reenabling SSO (besides losing the SP IP address)

thanks for your help. Much appreciated! 

A 5760 config to a 5520 is very different. You are better off configuring it clean. You should enable SSO at the end when you are done. When you disable SSO, the ports will go into maintenance mode and will have to be enabled to get network connectivity. You would need to take the standby down also since both co trollers would come up with the same IP address.

-Scott 

-Scott

Thanks Scott. Very different is an understatement! Thanks for your help :)

Yeah... pretty much no conversation:)

-Scott 

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card