Views
Helpful
Replies

HA cluster issue

Sharath Karpur
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All, 

I have a HA cluster in which Active WLC fails very often and secondary takes over. when ever I get to see such alerts I try to check the power if this could be the issue. ( but I have a stable power connection in DC) and I try to force the primary controller to take over the  active role.

But I would like to know what is the cause of such failure ?

Need your help to identify this issue.

Regards

Sharath Karpur

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Is you are running SSO, you can look at the redundancy summary to possibly see what happened. You can also check the logs or see if there are crash files. These are the only way you will know what is happening. Open a TAC case and the engineer will probably look at those to determine the issue.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello Scott,
Yes I am running SSO. when I try to check the coredump files I see these are no enabled "Core Dump upload is disabled" Does this mean I need to enable first and make a failover from secondary to primary and wait for the next crash ?

Regards
SK

If the primary is currently active, post the complete output to the command "sh coredump summary".

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If the primary fails often it should leave either a crashlog or core dump (or both). Upload the crashlog here and we can see.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card