cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High Availability Problem with 2504

hacizeynal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dears ,I have 2 off 2504 wireless controllers ,each of them has respectively 50 and 75 AP license count. I followed https://rscciew.wordpress.com/2014/06/07/n1-high-availability-configuration-on-cisco-2504wlc/ guide for configuring it ,i guess I have done all steps ,for testing purposes I just reloaded one AP which it's primary WLC is second WLC ,once it boots up it should be registered with Backup WLC ,but it doesnt .what can I check for this problem ?

Thanks !

21 Replies 21

I can help, but it's a holiday today and im not in front of my computer.

i would verify that the controller can PING the AP and that the time in the controller is correct and the country code is also correct.  Best to maybe backup both controller and open up the backup in a text editor and run a diff between the two  at least make sure most of the co fig is the same  the hostname and IP address should be different along with the mobility group macs should be swapped.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott

Thanks ! I will check again ,unfortunately WLCs dont run debug commands ,it will be more easy to troubleshoot 

WLC do have debug commands. Here is a link to troubleshoot AP joins:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/5500-series-wireless-controllers/119286-lap-notjoin-wlc-tshoot.html

-Scott 

-Scott

hi Scott ,

I solved the problem ,issue was NTP Server ,failover is working now ,it only 40-50 seconds for taking role as backup !

Thanks man!

There you go... most of the time it's either the time, code or country code that causes people the most issues. Glad it's working.

-Scott 

-Scott

I realized that the number of APs have increased in WLC1 from 50 to 75 after I have configured Group names same ,but failover is not happing.

If you hit the max AP count for that WLC license, then AP's will not join. Each controller license is separate from one another  if for example you have a max of 75 AP's, then you need 75 AP license count for each controller.  Max supported on the 2504 is 75.

-Scott 

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card