cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High CAPWAP Utilization 7510 Head End, Rev B APs

matthewlacomb1
Level 1
Level 1

We have a few sites running FlexConnect to a 7510 controller.  All sites have "limited" bandwidth, some more than others.  At one recently deployed site, we noticed a huge uptick in traffic from certain access points from the remote site to the head end ("upload" from the site to the 7510).

Sites that are doing well are all using rev A (AIR-CAP2702I-A-K9) access points.  The recently deployed site is using rev B Access Points (AIR-CAP2702I-B-K9).

Access points with no clients on-site are exhibiting approximately 55kbits/sec traffic rate from the access point towards the 7510 controller.  All configurations are identical for each site, and we're currently discussing with TAC as far as a resolution.  Does anyone have any quick thoughts as far as what to check that would cause this difference?  Some access points are using far less bandwidth than others - having the entire site use 55kbits/sec would definitely saturate the entire environment, so that's not happening at this time - but there has to be some way to look at either each AP or the controller to determine the need for the conversations which don't exist anywhere else in the environment.

Debug commands etc would help as well.  I've checked the SSIDs associated as well as any pinned traffic (mobility group) and there is none for the access points that I have a valid packet capture for.  Let me know what you think.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card