cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High memory occupied in WLC

emilioramos
Level 1
Level 1

My customer has a problem with the memory in his WLC. The process Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_0 is occupying 83% of the memory. This percentage does not lower. What can be?

Rds,

Emilio Ramos

7 Replies 7

daviwatk
Level 3
Level 3

Can you provide some more specifics please?

What platform of WLC?  What version of code are you running?

Hi David, sorry i forgot!!

I'm talking about WLC 5508 plataform and code version 7.0.116.

In the toplogy there are more than 500 AP's in HREAP mode.

If you need more information ask me please.

Rds,

Emilio

What is the part number of the controller, for example AIR-CT5508-X-K9. X is the AP limit. The maximum a 5500 controller can support is 500APs, but you mentioned "more than 500 AP's". Is your customer using the 2PK version?

Is this the part number of the WLC of customer: AIR-CT5508-250-K9. The customer bought 50 more license, look the part number: L-LIC-CT5508-50A. There are two Controllers that register AP's. The two Controllers has the same number of license in a total of 600 licenses.

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Emilio: how many clients (min, max, avg) that are connected to one wlc at the same time?

The more clients you have the more memory will be. Used.

What about your cpu utilization? Isit also high?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Hi Abdullah,

The customer has two controllers. One called "WLC Brasilia" and another called "WLC São Paulo". Follows informations about Memory Utilization, Cpu Utilization and Client Count of both controllers. The customer got the data from WCS Server. The informations are separeted in "last 6 months" and "last days".

Last 6 Months

WLC  Brasília

WLC  São Paulo

Last Days

WLC  Brasília

WLC São  Paulo

This is strange.

High memory without high CPU and it is only one task that occupying most of the memory!

I guess this is not normal. If you can contact the TAC for this issue.

I am sorry but I am not aware about anyway to fix it. It is abnormal problem as I see.

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card