cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hot Spot Planning

stoneystone
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing a wireless network for a coffee shop. They only have one Internet connection and one network, with one PIX 501 firewall and an 1100 WAP. I want to make the guest account as easy as possible to access, so I'm using open authentication, etc. That's the easy part. What I'd like to do is separte the guest's from the internal network. They don't have any computers on it yet, but they want to add some later.

What would be the best way to make two separate network and keep the internal network secure? Of course, they want to spend as little money as possible.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

2 Replies 2

kbeltz
Level 1
Level 1

I think you can configure both of them as two different VLANs. Refer the following Document for more details,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps458/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801145bb.html

zappolinom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

use differnet SSID/VLANs. There ois a feature called PSPF (Public Secure Packet Forwarding) on the AP which you could activate so in an Public Spot(SSID) the Users didn't see them directly in the Wireless cell. this is used on most Hotspot solutions to prevent follwoing things sniffing from one PC to the other or to prevent Network Games in the WLAN Cell only.

The snoiffing prvention works well fine with one AP.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card