Views
Helpful
Replies

how can i force client to choose Which AP to connect

xiongzhiwei
Level 1
Level 1

hello all

Currently we have a issue that when our wifi is running ,some of aps have too much clients such as

AP1:100clients

AP2: 20clients

AP3: 15clients

how can I do to put a great of clients from ap1 to ap2 or ap3 ? I had already tried to reduced the ap1's power level and increase for others and disabled the low data rates , but It looks like doesn't work.

Thanks for everyone's help !

My wlc is 2504 and my ap is 3702

16 Replies 16

It seems like you have a good density of access points also.  Since you have a lot of devices and high utilization, the question would be, are most of the AP's on the 2.4ghz on the lowest power setting? 

show advanced 802.11b txpower

Are these two AP's in large open area or conference room vs the other AP's in the area?  What is the channel utilization on the 5ghz side?  You can also be more aggressive on the data rates on the 2.4ghz and maybe disable everything below 36mbps and set 36mbps and 54mbps to mandatory and 48mbps to supported. It's hard to really say what will work, can you also provide a floor plan where the AP's are located so we can see the density and AP locations?

-Scott  

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

thank you for your answer !

Actually , I don't know the meaning of "Client Window Size" in load balance ,can you explain how does it works ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card