cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I backup my SSCs from one controller to import into another

tdennehy
Level 1
Level 1

I have an bunch of 1231s on a controller that is going to be upgraded.  To the best of my knowledge, these APs won't join the new controller until I import the SSCs from the old controller.

Does anyone know how to back them up and import them into a new controller?  Can't see to find that documented anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

yup...

If you are on newer WLC code  capture the output of the "show running-config" or "show  run-config commands" from the controller. You will see "  auth-list add ssc ".  Copy this

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

yup...

If you are on newer WLC code  capture the output of the "show running-config" or "show  run-config commands" from the controller. You will see "  auth-list add ssc ".  Copy this

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks guys.  Haven't had to do replace any controllers in four years, and I recall I had to run a debug way back when in order to get the information I needed.

I do have WCS - however controller is sitting on the bench and will be replacing the production unit with almost the same exact config.  In my situation, new controller is not able to get to WCS.

When i do WLC swap outs or deploying a mass of controllers. I do the config of 1 and copy it to the others and change the interfaces and mob groups and call it a day.

just as option ... no need to do a complete config for every WLC.

That sounds like an efficient way of doing it, that’s for sure! I don’t do a lot of swapouts of controllers on a daily basis like you do. (some guys have all the luck)

Have a good weekend…

I’m running 7.0.98 on the 5508s, and thought I would mention this. The “show running-config” did not give me the auth-list, however the show run-config commands” command gave me exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks again!

Yea, as I recall there was some variation in code that's why i mentioned depending on the code you are on. Im glad it worked out... If you wouldn't mind can you mark this post as answered ?

Thanks again!

Done… and thanks again, George.

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Piggy backing on George here...if you have WCS, you can use it to pull the SSC from one, and push them into another as well..

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card