cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I know if my APs are running 4x4:3 or 3x3:3 mode?

RabbitSF
Level 1
Level 1

We have the 5508 controller with the 3702i APs. Is there a command to run from the CLI or a page from the web console that shows the MIMO information so that I know if it's running 4x4 or 3x3?

Thanks much!

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depends on the PoE draw of the AP.  If the AP gets the recommended PoE+ power (20w) then the AP runs 4X4:3.  If the AP draws only 15.4w then 3x3:3.

I know what you said. But I am asking if there is anyway to tell (or see it) if it's running 4x4 or 3x3 when the AP is connected to a PoE+ port. Thanks!

If the power draw is 20.0w then it's 4X4.  Period.

I was curious too. I just discovered the differences in power this morning and found at 15.4 watts it was 3x3. Then I found buried somewhere that with controller code 7.6 it's 2x2 so I wanted to verify this. I'll be going to 8.0 soon which says it is 3x3.

Hello,

This might help you. I wrote about the power and antennas not long ago.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12624861/which-antenna-gets-deactivated-when-you-provide-less-full-power-cisco-3700

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thank you for commenting with this. Exactly what I was looking for and I verified I am running on 3x3. After going back to the 7.6 reference and 2x2 I found that is on the 2700 and not the 3700.

Perfect. Can you kindly mark this thread answered. It will help others with their search and allow me to catch up with Leo on POINTS! 

:)

LOL

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: