cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does TPC effect FRA?

korey_oehlers
Level 1
Level 1

I plan to start using FRA to manage the roles of my XOR radios.  I've enabled FRA with the radio roles set as static for now.

The coverage was designed for 5Ghz, so the 2.4 coverage is currently too dense.  TPC is setting most of the 2.4 radios to 2 or 5 dBm.  With the current transmit power, FRA is seeing a lot of COFs around 90.  

I don't know if I understand how TPC can work together with FRA. 

• I would prefer to keep the FRA sensitivity to Low or Medium to prioritize coverage. With these settings it doesn't seem like very many radios will be turned off.
  • If I set the sensitivity to high and FRA turns off the radios that have COF > 90, will TPC ever turn the transmit power up?
  • The only way I've thought of around this problem is to set the TPC minimum power assignment around where I want it.  Is that the normal way of dealing with this problem?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Some people have manually turned off FRA and I can understand why. 

It is no longer "rare" to get a call from wireless clients not able to "see" the SSID because the wireless clients only support 2.4 Ghz.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card