Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure WLC

naguib.elsoussy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

i have 12 APs and 2 WLCs , i will configure that each 6 APs to connect to one WLC and the 2nd will be as seconbdary , and i'm going to create 4 WLANs

i want to broadcast the WLAN in the office (1 or two APs ) and to non-broadcast it in another area , how can i do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, this scheme works on autonomous.  However, with controller-based, it won't work.  You have but two choices:

1.  Create an extra SSID for the handheld devices to work.  This SSID is a non-broadcasting SSID;

2.  Leave this branch office as autonomous.

One more thing ... HANDHELD devices????  You sure?  Some handheld devices DO NOT LIKE non-broadcasting SSID.

Make sure you turn OFF "Aironet IE" .

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
i want to broadcast the WLAN in the office (1 or two APs ) and to non-broadcast it in another area , how can i do this?

Configure AP Groups.

AP group will select which WLAN is assigned to which AP , but the option ins the WLAN itself is either broadcast it or non-broadcast it.

Sorry.  I didn't read the last bit.

Ok, then create a second non-broadcasting SSID.

i need them to have the same name , so the handheld devices connects  back when it goes to office again , actually we used to do this through atonomous APs , but right now the company policy states that we'll use controllers and i wanna know if this can be acheived as well.

Well, this scheme works on autonomous.  However, with controller-based, it won't work.  You have but two choices:

1.  Create an extra SSID for the handheld devices to work.  This SSID is a non-broadcasting SSID;

2.  Leave this branch office as autonomous.

One more thing ... HANDHELD devices????  You sure?  Some handheld devices DO NOT LIKE non-broadcasting SSID.

Make sure you turn OFF "Aironet IE" .

well , so i think i'll do that , leave the once which i need it broadcasting as atonomous , yes we're using handeld devices to do the barcode scanning and yes it can be linked to non-broadcatsing SSIDs.

thanks for your support.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card